Riverlogue

This blog originates on the banks of the Atchafalaya River, in Louisiana. It proposes to share the things that happen on and by the river as the seasons progress. As the river changes from quiet, warm, slow flow to rises of eighteen feet or more, there are changes in the lives of the birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles that use the river. And the mood of the river changes with the seasons. I propose to note and comment on these things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Butte La Rose, Louisiana, United States

I transitioned a few years ago from a career as a water-pollution control biologist. I want to do this blog to stay in touch with a world outside my everyday surroundings, whatever they may be. I like open-minded company and the discussion of ideas. Photo by Brad Moon.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Blogger is back?

Well, because of problems originating at the blogger.com end of things, this is the first time I have been able to load pictures in the last several days. This blogger.com service is a BIG deal on the internet. If you don't believe it, you should hear some of the comments being put on the user group discussion site. Apparently a lot of people are depending on using their blogs (sometimes six or more) to plan big national events like adventure races and if they can't publish they can't organize the events. Some of the comments I read you couldn't put on the radio, I garontee!

In the two pics you might recognize a certain cat's ear against the sunset, and in the other picture an Atchafalaya seahorse climbs aboard our dock for a night's rest. The really big happening at the river today was the continuing emergence of billions of mayflies. I got some really good pictures of them that I'll use next week, if the blog keeps working that is.

I hope this improvement means that the blogger engineers are getting some fixes done. I have to go to Myette Pt. tomorrow for Day 6 of the apprenticeship boat building project, and I will try to publish a report, with pictures, tomorrow night.

The river is at 4.4 on the Butte La Rose gauge and it will hold there for a few days. The Ohio and Mississippi are doing their gradual decline to the low water season.

Rise and Shine, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home