Riverlogue

This blog originates on the banks of the Atchafalaya River, in Louisiana. It proposes to share the things that happen on and by the river as the seasons progress. As the river changes from quiet, warm, slow flow to rises of eighteen feet or more, there are changes in the lives of the birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles that use the river. And the mood of the river changes with the seasons. I propose to note and comment on these things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Butte La Rose, Louisiana, United States

I transitioned a few years ago from a career as a water-pollution control biologist. I want to do this blog to stay in touch with a world outside my everyday surroundings, whatever they may be. I like open-minded company and the discussion of ideas. Photo by Brad Moon.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Itch


Ever get that dry, itchy feeling? And you wish the skin lotion you use would work better? Situations could be worse. This lizard actually feels pretty good, I imagine, getting rid of the too-small skin.

Rise and Shine (and scratch), Jim

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo Ellen said...

Scratch, Scratch . .

Our family took care of a pet frog one year while some friends went on a long vacation. During that time, "Jumpy" shed his skin. It lay dormant for a couple of days and started looking sicker by the hour. I thought it had died and was feeling badly for him doing so on while in my care. I was arranging a funeral for Jumpy. It would have been a grand funeral on his family property with friends, music, food, good times and all. However, when I walked by him in my hurry to make arrangements, I noticed Jumpy was swimming. Swimming in the water too was the skin he had just shed. I didn't know frogs did such a thing being that where I live, we have little exposure to real frogs. It was a delightful lesson . .

Hope all is well with you Jim, J.E.

June 17, 2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger jim said...

Yeah, nature can surprise, no matter the setting or the subject. Glad Jumpy was just making a slight transition, and not the big one. All is well, and hope the same for you. The crane video is really fine, and so is the honey. I’m going to show the video to friends around here. Thanks, Jim

June 18, 2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home