Riverlogue

This blog originates on the banks of the Atchafalaya River, in Louisiana. It proposes to share the things that happen on and by the river as the seasons progress. As the river changes from quiet, warm, slow flow to rises of eighteen feet or more, there are changes in the lives of the birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles that use the river. And the mood of the river changes with the seasons. I propose to note and comment on these things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Butte La Rose, Louisiana, United States

I transitioned a few years ago from a career as a water-pollution control biologist. I want to do this blog to stay in touch with a world outside my everyday surroundings, whatever they may be. I like open-minded company and the discussion of ideas. Photo by Brad Moon.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Pilgrimage to Bayou Chene_0004.wmv

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryant said...

Jim,
Great post. You are really going big time now that you are using video. Looks like y'all had a really great trip. Thanks for telling how it used to be in the Basin.

June 13, 2010 7:38 PM  
Blogger jim said...

Big time in this case was a little Canon camera. But I guess you use what you got, so to speak. Thanks for the kind words Bryant.
JIm

June 13, 2010 9:11 PM  
Blogger chet said...

Great video, looked like real fun, Jim. My uncle took me on that trip in his bass boat 25 years ago. Really overgrown now. We could at least see the ridgebeam of my GGandpa's house then. Hope to see you at the reunion this year. Sis and I are coming this year.

August 13, 2010 6:17 PM  
Blogger jim said...

Thanks Chet. I plan to be at the reunion if at all possible.

August 14, 2010 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home